My research interests are in Authorship Attribution, Human Computer-Interaction, Privacy, Security, and Social Computing. Please review my publications below and also review more about my research lab here: Laboratory for Artificial Intelligence and Equity Research
Students interested in joining the LAIER: Fill out this form
Juried Workshops, White Papers, and Exhibitions
- Pamela Gibbs, Gloria Opoku-Boateng, and Siobahn Day, “Seven Deadly Sins: A Case Study on Facebook” to appear in CHI4EVIL: Creative Speculation on the Negative Impacts of HCI Research. In Proceedings of ACM SIG CHI, Glasgow, Scotland. May 2019 (CHI’19), 4 pages.[.pdf]
Brooks, Racheal., & Grady, Siobahn. (in press). Course design considerations for inclusion and representation [White paper]. Quality Matters.
- Nicki Washington, Siobahn Day Grady, Kyla McMullen, Shaundra Daily, and Brandeis Marshall. 2021. Flowing, not Forcing: Finding and Maintaining Authenticity as Black Women in Academia. In Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE ’21). Association for Computing Machinery, New York, NY, USA, 941–942. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3408877.3432565
LaVerne Gray, Tony Dunbar, Renate Chancellor, Kafi Kumasi, and Siobahn Day Grady. 2022. Critical Race Theory as Innovative Pedagogy in LIS. The Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE ’22). DOI: https://doi.org/10.21900/j.alise.2022.1114
LaVerne Gray, Tony Dunbar, Renate Chancellor, Kafi Kumasi, and Siobahn Day Grady. 2022. Critical Race Theory and Social Informatics: An Intersectional Engagement. The Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIST ’22)https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/items/124456.
- Siobahn Day Grady, Opoku-Boateng, F. A., Reid-Daniels, L., Tucker, N., & Muriungi, L., “STEM-It-Yourself: Exposing rural adolescent girls to STEM through online learning,” 2021 Conference on Research in Equitable and Sustained Participation in Engineering, Computing, and Technology (RESPECT), 2021, pp. 1-3, doi: 10.1109/RESPECT51740.2021.9620643.
- Alicia Nicki Washington, Anna Romanova, Siobahn Grady, David James, Legand Burge, “Design and Validation of a Novel Instrument for Measuring the Impact of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Efforts on Computing Student Knowledge and Belief,” 2022 Conference on Research in Equitable and Sustained Participation in Engineering, Computing, and Technology (RESPECT). Accepted
Refereed Conference Proceedings Publications
- Siobahn Day, Henry Williams, Joseph Shelton, and Gerry Dozier, “Towards the Development of a Cyber Analysis and Advisement Tool (CAAT) for Mitigating De-Anonymization Attacks,” Modern Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science Conference col. 1584, no. 10, pp 41-45, 2016.[.pdf]
- Siobahn Day, James Brown, Zachery Thomas, India Gregory, Lowell Bass, and Gerry Dozier, “Adversarial Authorship, AuthorWebs, and Entropy-Based Evolutionary Clustering,” 2016 25th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), Waikoloa, HI, 2016, pp. 1-6.[.pdf]
- Marguerite McDaniel, Emma Sloan, Siobahn Day, James Mayes, William Nick, Kaushik Roy, and Albert Esterline, “Situation-based ontologies for a computational framework for identity focusing on crime scenes,” 2017 IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management (CogSIMA), Savannah, GA, USA, 2017, pp. 1-7.[.pdf]
- William Nick, Madison McCotter, Siobahn Day, Marguerite McDaniel, Hannah Foster, Emma Sloan, James Mayes, and Albert Esterline, “A Computational Framework for Identity and Its Web-based Realization,” Modern Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science Conference col. 1964, no. FR2, pp 33-40, 2017.[.pdf]
- Siobahn Day, A Natural Language Processing and Machine-Learning Based Approach to Authorship Attribution of Tweets, 2018. (Order No. 10841641). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (2100700558).[.pdf]
- Earl Huff, Siobahn Day Grady, Julian Brinkley. Tell Me What I Need To Know: Consumers’ Desire for Information Transparency in Self-Driving Vehicles. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 2021;65(1):327-331. doi:10.1177/1071181321651240.
- Earl Huff, Natalie Tucker, Siobahn Day Grady, Julian Brinkley. What Can My Car Tell Me? Consumer Perceptions of Transparency in Self-Driving Vehicles. Proceedings of the IEEE 3RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HUMAN MACHINE SYSTEMS (Accepted).
- Siobahn Day, Mohd Anwar. “Authorship Attribution on Twitter space: A case study of professional groups” (in review).
- Arnav Jhala, Yang Cheng, Jean Goodwin, Munindar Singh, Mohd Anwar, Lauren Davis, Steven Jiang, Anna Lee, Seong Younho, Siobahn Grady, Deepak Kumar, Tianduo Zhang, “A Digital Communication Twin for Addressing Misinformation: Vision, Challenges, Opportunities,” in IEEE Internet Computing, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 36-41, 1 March-April 2022, doi: 10.1109/MIC.2021.3129547
Magazines & Media
- Siobahn Day Grady, Pamela Wisniewski, Ron Metoyer, Pamela Gibbs, Karla Badillo-Urquiola, Salma Elsayed-Ali, Eiad Yafi, “Addressing Institutional Racism within Initiatives for SIGCHI’s Diversity and Inclusion” in ACM Interactions Magazine June 2020
- Siobahn Day Grady. 2021. #2020wasEPIC elevate your career in STEM as the “only”. XRDS 27, 3 (Spring 2021), 14–15. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3452929